Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge, with a forward thinking organisation within the high tech engineering sector? The Hyde Group are established Industry experts within Aerospace Engineering and due to growth of the business, have a new vacancy for a Process Engineer, working at their busy manufacturing site in Denton.
We have successfully supplied to the Aerospace industry for over 40 years. We are currently on track to achieve our strong growth plans and we pride ourselves on delivering right first time solutions and going the extra mile to delight our customers
About the opportunity
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable business with a strong set of core values in a friendly supportive environment. We have a strong focus on developing our people with the potential to further your career. Our salaries are competitive and we offer 25 days holiday plus statutory Bank Holidays. We have purpose built sites that offer free car parking.
This exciting role will hold a bias towards Inspection, however will require multiple CI activity/ projects in parallel. Upon completion of said projects, you will be required to ensure the improvement activity is sustained. Initially these projects include TPM, 5S/ Housekeeping, KPI writing, NPI and process improvement.
- Approve incoming materials conform to specification
- Operate CMM and Faro arm using Camio and Polyworks software’s for all in-process product and final inspection
- Inspect product using conventional apparatus – bore gauge, thread gauge, shadowgraph etc.
- Support all FAIR activity, Including the use of Discus and when required completing AS9102 documents
- Support internal quality functions, such as data integrity and maintenance of quality drives when required
- Support Material Review Boards when required
- Support the calibration process when required
- Attend meetings on behalf of Hyde Precision
- Design and Implement a comprehensive TPM system
- Support the NPI initiative
- Manage the KPI portfolio on a weekly basis
- Support all HSE activity
- Design and Implement a comprehensive 5S syste
- You’ll be fully trained in the use of CMM and Faro Arm equipment
- Ability to read and interrogate aerospace drawings across civil and military platforms
- Full understanding of aerospace drawings and specifications across Civil and Military platforms
- Experience of working with 3D Model Based definitions, Including understanding and interpreting G,D & T
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite to a reasonable standard
- Qualified to minimum City & Guilds
- Experience of working within the industry
- Willingness to learn and support other functions when required
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of supporting or managing CI projects is a must
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you then please apply for this role through the careers page, quoting the job title in the subject header and attaching your CV