Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge, with a forward thinking organisation within the high tech engineering sector? The Hyde Group are established Industry experts and due to growth of the business have a new vacancy for an Operations Manager, working at their manufacturing facility in Hyde,
We have successfully supplied to the Medical/Scientific industry for over 40 years. We are currently on track to achieve our strong growth plans and we pride ourselves on delivering right first time solutions and going the extra mile to delight our customers
About the opportunity
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable business with a strong set of core values in a friendly supportive environment. We have a strong focus on developing our people with the potential to further your career. Our salaries are competitive and we have purpose built sites that offer free car parking.
This exciting role would involve you managing and monitoring production KPI’s to ensure that the company achieves its quality and delivery targets. You’ll ensure that all production activity is cost efficient and effective.
You’ll use your experience to create effective KPI’s via SAP capacity planning to identify and control shop floor activities and improve performance. You will also have the ability to solve engineering problems and understand what is needed to ensure jobs are manufacturing right first time and delivered on time.
An experienced leader of people, you’ll use your leadership style to improve performance, get support for your ideas and uphold the company’s core values. You will also promote and uphold company standards such as lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and work ethic.
Due to the nature of our business, experience in CNC Machining is essential.
Ideally you will have:
- A relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering , ideally up to HNC level
- Possess a broad background in CNC machining/CMM inspection with a wide range of knowledge on manufacturing and production processes associated with these processes.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering & technical drawings.
- Have a working understanding of production planning & scheduling, procurement, MRP and stock mgmt. systems
- Have a working understanding of quality management systems.
- Have a working understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation.
- Have a working understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools
- Strong problem solving skills & ‘design for manufacture’ skills.
- Possess a working understanding of leadership principles and management best practice.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and Customer focused working environment.
- Be able to get things done and make things happen to achieve the aims of production and the business.
- Possess the ability to implement and manage change in the business.
- ·Possess strong computer skills and competency in basic MS Office applications
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you then please apply for this role through the careers page, quoting the job title in the subject header and attaching your CV